1 lb Whole Wheat Ziti
1/2 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
24oz Ricotta Cheese
Large Handful each of grated Parmesan and Mozzarella
2 Portobello Mushroom Caps, ribs removed and diced
1 large bunch of Asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds
Half a Red Onion, sliced thinly
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 medium zucchini, sliced thinly
Large handful of Spinach, chopped.
1. Combine Mushrooms, Asparagus, onion, and zucchini on a sheet pan. Season with salt and drizzle with olive oil. Roast at 375 for 25 min. Allow to cool. This can be done ahead of time.
2. Boil water for pasta – 10-12 cups. Add a large pinch of salt to the water.
3. Combine egg, ricotta, parmesan, spinach, garlic in a large mixing bowl.
4. Drop the pasta and cover the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
5. When pasta is just tender, combine it and roasted vegetables with the ricotta mixture. Stir to coat everything with the ricotta.
6. Place mixture in an even layer in the baking dish, spreading a thin layer of tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle Mozzarella over the top and bake at 375 for 30 min. Allow to cool and set for 10 min before serving.
Serves 6 large portions.
Total prep time 60 min
Total cook time 40 min